New Mexico Pickup Truck Crash Lawyer: Reasons Why Pickup Trucks are More Dangerous
One of the more dangerous vehicles to be involved in a New Mexico auto accident is with a pickup truck. This is because pickup trucks are larger and weigh more than a standard passenger vehicle due to their their larger engine block and heavier frame. In addition, when pickup trucks are carrying cargo, they can be much heavier and more difficult to control. This added weight inherent to a pickup truck, plus any additional weight from cargo, means that pickup trucks generate significant force and momentum when they collide with another vehicle. This could result in very serious personal injuries or the wrongful death in a New Mexico pickup truck crash.
Here at the Mark Caruso, our New Mexico pickup truck crash lawyer knows that pickup crashes can be very serious and cause wrongful deaths. Individuals who have been injured or lost a family member in a pickup wreck should call our experienced staff to learn what rights to compensation may be available. These rights include compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, lost earnings, medical bills, and future medical costs. Please call our experienced staff to learn how we can help you by dialing (505) 308-1556 to schedule a FREE appointment.
Reasons Why Pickup Trucks are More Dangerous and Deadly
Since a pickup truck has increased weight, or at least weight greater than a smaller, commercial vehicle, it is simply more deadly in an impact because of the added force that it will generate due to its increased momentum. But there are other dangers of a pickup truck which also contribute to its dangerous nature and may result in more serious personal injuries or a wrongful death in the result of a collision.
These are some reasons why a New Mexico pickup truck crash is more dangerous and likely to be deadly:
- Heavier weight means greater force in an impact;
- Heavier weight also means longer stopping distance;
- Pickups are longer and therefore have more blindspots or a larger blind spot than a passenger vehicle;
- Pickup trucks can be more dangerous and difficult to operate in weather conditions such as rain or when there is ice on the roadways;
- Pickup trucks can have a slower acceleration which means that some drivers may under estimate the time it takes to merge into a lane safely;
- Pickups have a wider front and make turning more difficult;
- There may be decreased visibility or no visibility out of the rear view mirror;
- Pickup trucks are trending and many people may start to purchase them that have never used them before, and therefore are inexperienced;
- Many other reasons.
Injured in a Pickup Truck Wreck? Call our New Mexico Pickup Truck Crash Lawyer to Learn What Your Rights to Compensation May Be
Pickup truck crashes are some of the most devastating collisions on the roadways, which is particularly true when there is cargo in the back of the truck. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured or wrongfully killed in a pickup truck wreck, please call our experienced New Mexico pickup truck crash lawyer for a FREE consultation to learn how we can help you today. We handle cases throughout New Mexico, including in Lordsburg, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Roswell, or anywhere else. Call the Mark Caruso by dialing (505) 308-1556 to learn how we can help. You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.