Knowing What to Do After an 18 Wheeler Wreck in Albuquerque, NM
Being involved in an 18 wheeler wreck in Albuquerque can be frightening, and the steps that should be taken are not always clear. Victims of commercial trucking accidents often suffer serious injuries, and are left to deal with the aftermath of any losses sustained as a result of the injuries. While many people think that trucking accidents are handled in the same manner as a car accident, they are actually quite different. This is why it is wise to get connected an experienced trucking accident lawyer in Albuquerque, New Mexico who can help you navigate the aftermath of being injured in a commercial trucking accident.
Here at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., our experienced trucking accident lawyers in Albuquerque have recovered over $30 million for our clients since 2016. We can help you and your family recover the compensation that you deserve after a serious or fatal 18 wheeler wreck in Albuquerque, especially on the Big I or any other exchanges. Our compassionate personal injury team of professionals will treat you like family, helping you move forward after the negligence of another person or business. To learn more, please call to schedule your FREE consultation.
Steps to Take After Being Involved in a Commercial Trucking Accident
There are certain steps that a victim should take after being involved in a trucking accident in order to increase the chances for recovering compensation. The steps to take include the following:
- Call 911 – It is important to call 911 even if you think you only sustained minor injuries. The reason for this is that you should be evaluated by a medical professional, and a call to 911 will also allow the police to make a record of the accident. An official police report is vital to having a record of the accident as well as any details that may be pertinent to your case.
- Take photos of the accident – If you are able to take photos of the accident, it is a good idea so that photos may be used as evidence.
- Have a copy of your insurance copy available for your attorney to review
- Call a commercial trucking accident attorney – This is one of the most important steps a person can take after being involved in a commercial trucking accident. Working with an experienced trucking accident attorney who knows how to obtain vital evidence and has the knowledge of state and federal regulations that truck drivers and trucking companies are required to adhere to can be incredibly helpful in recovering the compensation you deserve for any losses you suffered in the accident.
- Refrain from talking to insurance companies – The truck driver’s insurance company may try to offer you compensation for any injuries sustained, but the amount offered never is as much as the victim deserves. Additionally, they may try to blame you for the accident, and will use anything you say against you. This is why you should refer any questions that they have to your attorney who can speak with them on your behalf.
- Refrain from posting any information about the accident on social media – Posting information on social media can hurt your case as any information you post can be used against you. Even if you delete something off of social media, it can still be recovered with a warrant.
Injured in an 18 Wheeler Wreck in Albuquerque? We Can Help
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an 18 wheeler wreck in Albuquerque, please call our experienced team of truck accident lawyers and legal professionals at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. for help. Call today to learn how we can help you by scheduling a FREE consultation by dialing (505) 384-7865.
We handle causes throughout New Mexico, including Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Roswell, Cuervo, Rio Rancho, Clovis, Farmington, Hobbs, Albuquerque where our office is located, and anywhere else throughout New Mexico. We also have a second trucking accident office in California, serving those in Inland Empire and San Bernardino County, as well as those who have been catastrophically injured or wrongfully killed through California. Please call to schedule for FREE appointment by dialing (505) 384-7865 or contact us through our website’s easy to use and convenient contact box available here.