Understanding the Types of Auto Accidents and Why They Are Most Dangerous: Albuquerque Auto Accident Lawyer Explains
While most people believe that high speed collisions or tractor trailer crashes are the only ways that people could be seriously injured, any type of auto accident, even low speed collisions, can cause serious personal injuries. This depends on the unique nature of the collision, including the angle, force, and what happens after impact. In addition, other factors such as the health of the occupants is also to be considered. It is important to understand what types of auto accidents cause certain types of injuries and why they are dangerous to protect your health and ensure that your rights to compensation are protected.
At the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., we have handled many different types of New Mexico auto accidents which have caused a wide variety of injuries. In this post, our experienced Albuquerque auto accident lawyer explains what types of auto accidents are so dangerous and why do they cause certain injuries which are unique to the impact. If you have been injured in any of these types of auto accidents, or any other, please call our law firm for a FREE consultation by dialing (505) 883-5000 to learn how we can help you.
Types of Auto Accidents and Why They Are Dangerous
There are many different types of auto accidents, and the causes or results could be infinite. Here are some of the most common types of auto accidents and how they cause serious personal injuries:
- Head on Collision – this is perhaps the most deadly type of collision because two opposing forces (each vehicle) collide right at the front of the vehicle where the driver sits. The force of the impact is significant, even at low speeds, and could immediately cause significant internal injuries including traumatic brain injuries.
- Rear end Collisions – this is perhaps the most common type of auto accident, but it could also be the most damaging. This is when one vehicle collides with another vehicle from behind. The damage to the vehicle in the lead car being rear ended is dangerous because the person could suffer back and forth whiplash. The harder the impact, the more violent the whiplash, and the most damaging the injuries.
- T-bone collisions – This is when one vehicle hits the side of another vehicle. This type of collision is very deadly because the driver in the vehicle being hit on the side is directly at the point of impact. The side door is very thin and does not provide a lot of padding and crunch space like the front engine block or the trunk. This is commonly a fatal type of crash at high speeds.
- Rollover crashes – This is when one vehicle rolls over onto its side or top. This is very dangerous in certain vehicles which do not guard against rollovers, such as passenger vehicles (most SUVs and high center of gravity vehicles have rollover cages, but most passenger vehicles do not). This could result in a crushing injury to occupants, which are very dangerous.
- Sideswipes – This is when one vehicles hit the side of another vehicle at an angle that causes the hitting-vehicle to swipe and deflect away. This type of collision can be very serious because it will rock the vehicle being truck in a violent and dangerous way causing neck or back injuries.
Injured in a New Mexico Auto Accident? Call our Albuquerque Auto Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured by any type of auto accident in New Mexico, please call our compassionate team at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. to help you today. Call our experienced Albuquerque auto accident lawyer for a FREE consultation to learn how we can help you today. We handle cases throughout New Mexico, including in Lordsburg, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Roswell, or anywhere else. Call the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. by dialing (505) 883-5000 to learn how we can help. You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.