Victims Suffering Traumatic Brain Injuries From an Ontario Trucking Accident Should Call Our Law Firm
Commercial trucking accidents occur quite often on the roadways of California leaving countless victims injured or even wrongfully killed. While commercial trucks are necessary for carrying products, parts, supplies, vehicles, machinery, and other objects from place to place, they also can be incredibly dangerous is trucks are not driven in a safe manner. Commercial truck accident victims often suffer serious injuries, with one of the most common injuries being traumatic brain injuries, or TBI. Traumatic brain injuries are quite serious, often leaving victims with lasting effects that can also harm a family. That’s why victims suffering traumatic brain injuries from an Ontario trucking accident need to call our experienced trucking accident lawyers in Ontario.
Here at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., we have over 35 years of experience representing victims and their families who have suffered serious or fatal injuries from motor vehicle wrecks or truck crashes. Although our main office is in Albuquerque, New Mexico, we have opened several new offices in New Mexico and now one in Ontario, California. We have done this to help protect the rights of victims and their families after a dangerous truck driver or truck carrier causes preventable injuries. We also will not let insurance companies and adjusters protect dangerous drivers. If you or a loved one were seriously injured in any type of motor vehicle accident, especially if you suffered traumatic brain injuries from an Ontario trucking accident, please call our bodily injury law firm for a FREE consultation.
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
According to the Mayo Clinic, traumatic brain injuries often occur due to a violent jolt or blow to the head. In some cases, there is penetration of the brain due to an object or shattered piece of a skull. There are two different types of traumatic brain injuries. These are referred to as closed injuries, or open injuries. Open injuries are caused by a penetration of objects, while closed injuries are caused by jolts or blows to the head.
Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury
There are certain symptoms that can indicate a person has suffered a traumatic brain injury. Some of the most common signs and symptoms of a traumatic brain injury from a trucking accident include the following:
- Impairment of cognition
- Loss of consciousness
- Light or sound sensitivity
- Mood impairment
How Can Trucking Accidents Cause Traumatic Brain Injuries?
There are many different causes of trucking accidents that can lead to traumatic brain injuries. Trucking accidents are a frequent occurrence in New Mexico, with many trucking accidents being preventable. Trucking accidents that can cause traumatic brain injuries include the following:
- Distracted driving – Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of trucking accidents. Examples of distracted driving include texting, talking on the phone, playing with the radio, reaching for something in the cab of the truck, eating or drinking, or anything else that takes the attention of the driver off of the road.
- Drunk or drugged driving – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol greatly increases the chance of a commercial trucking accident due to impairment of cognition, and slowed reaction times.
- Improperly loaded cargo – The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has guidelines for safe loading of cargo. If cargo is improperly loaded or is heavier than it should be, it can lead to an unbalanced truck, wearing of the truck leading to brake failure or tire blowout, or any other complication of improperly loaded cargo.
- Aggressive driving – Aggressive driving includes speeding, following too closely, driving through red lights or stop signs, or any other aggressive action.
- Other causes of trucking accidents leading to traumatic brain injuries
If You Suffered Traumatic Brain Injuries From an Ontario Trucking Accident, Call the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. for Help
Our catastrophic injury lawyers at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. can handle all types of serious or disabling personal injuries – including traumatic brain injuries from an Ontario trucking accident. To learn more about how we can help you and your family, please call (505) 437-4301 to schedule a FREE consultation with our truck accident lawyers.
We handle cases throughout New Mexico, including Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Roswell, Cuervo, Rio Rancho, Clovis, Farmington, Hobbs, Albuquerque where our office is located, and anywhere else throughout New Mexico. We also have a second trucking accident office in Ontario, California, serving those in Inland Empire County and San Bernardino County, as well as those who have been catastrophically injured or wrongfully killed through California. Please call to schedule for FREE appointment by dialing (505) 437-4301 or contact us through our website’s easy to use and convenient contact box available here.