Understanding Liability and Your Rights to Damages: Compensation for an 18-Wheeler Wreck in Ontario, California Explained
Injuries caused by commercial trucking accidents are often quite catastrophic, leaving victims seriously injured, permanently disabled, or wrongfully killed. This is due to the massive size of commercial trucks and the force upon impact. While typically speaking no one ever intentionally causes a commercial trucking accident, a victim does not need to establish intent to recover compensation. Rather, motor vehicle accidents are based on negligence, or what a reasonable person should have done in similar circumstances to avoid foreseeable harm. When a party is negligent in causing personal injuries, victims may be entitled to compensation for an 18-wheeler wreck in Ontario, California.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in any type motor vehicle accident, especially a catastrophic or disabling trucking wreck, call the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. for help with your case. Our experienced and compassionate team of professionals can help you and your family recover compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and other damages. Our bodily injury law firm in Ontario, California handles all types of catastrophic or fatal trucking accidents around Inland Empire, San Bernadino, and in Ontario, CA. To learn more about how we can help you, please call our law firm today to schedule your FREE consultation.
Types of Injuries Caused by Commercial Trucking Accidents
There are many serious injuries that commercial trucking accident victims can sustain when injured in a commercial trucking accident. Some of the most common injuries caused by commercial trucking accidents include the following:
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI) – Spinal cord injuries are one of the most devastating, disabling, and life-altering injuries a person can sustain. Spinal cord injuries occur when there is damage to the spinal cord or complete severing of the spinal cord. Damage to the spinal cord impairs the ability for the brain to send messages to the spinal cord, resulting in paralysis.
- Brain Injuries – Brain injuries are another type of injury that can be devastating and life-altering. One of the most common and severe types of injuries is a traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injuries can lead to impairment in cognition, altered mood, seizures, coma, death, or other serious effects.
- Broken bones or fractures – Victims injured in commercial trucking accidents commonly suffer from broken bones or fractures. While common, they can result in serious pain, disability, prolonged hospitalization, impairment in mobility, loss of wages due to being out of work, and other effects.
- Internal injuries – Internal injuries including injury to the spleen, kidneys, lung, liver, or other organs can occur due to impact in a commercial trucking accident. If not treated in a timely manner, it can result in a loss of an organ, serious internal injury, or death.
- Scarring and disfigurement – Commercial trucking accident victims often suffer scarring and disfigurement due to injuries sustain in the accident. Scarring and disfigurement is often permanent, causing an alteration in appearance, emotional distress, physical pain, and other effects.
- Other injuries that victims and families may be entitled to compensation from an 18-wheeler wreck in Ontario, California.
Damages for Victims and Compensation from an 18-Wheeler Wreck in Ontario, California
Victims injured in commercial trucking accidents are often eligible for damages. Damages are typically awarded in the form of compensation. Some of the most common types of damages victims recover after commercial trucking accidents include the following:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
- Medical bills
- Home and vehicle modifications
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Other damages due to the negligence of a truck driver.
Were You Injured in a Trucking Accident? Ask Our Lawyers What Compensation From an 18-Wheeler Accident in Ontario, California You May Be Entitled to
Here at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., our experienced trucking accident lawyers in Ontario, California want to help all victims and their families of serious, catastrophic, devastating and fatal big rig accidents. We have a proven track record of success, recovering over $30 million for victims since 2016. We offer free consultations and work with leading experts to establish damages and prove liability against some of the leading trucking companies and insurance carriers in the region. To learn more, please call (505) 308-0427 to schedule a FREE consultation with our lawyers.
We handle causes throughout New Mexico, including Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Roswell, Cuervo, Rio Rancho, Clovis, Farmington, Hobbs, Albuquerque where our office is located, and anywhere else throughout New Mexico. We also have a second trucking accident office in California, serving those in Inland Empire County and San Bernardino County, as well as those who have been catastrophically injured or wrongfully killed through California. Please call to schedule for FREE appointment by dialing (505) 308-0427 or contact us through our website’s easy to use and convenient contact box available here.