Understanding the Common Truck Driver Errors Causing 18 Wheeler Wrecks in New Mexico
There are many common causes of trucking accidents in New Mexico which could be caused by the negligence of a truck driver. These types of accidents are often avoidable which means that the serious injuries suffered by an individual could be prevented. Individuals who suffer from a truck driver’s mistakes may be entitled to compensation for their personal injuries as a result of the truck driver’s negligence. The most common truck driver errors causing 18 wheeler wrecks in New Mexico may entitled a victim to compensation for personal injuries, medical bills, and lost wages with the help of an experienced trucking accident lawyer.
That experienced trucking lawyer is one of ours at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our compassionate law firm is focused on protecting the rights of victims and their family to recover reimbursement for medical bills and lost wages, as well as compensation for conscious pain and suffering. Victims can schedule a FREE consultation to learn what their rights to compensation may be under New Mexico law.
Common Truck Driver Errors Causing 18 Wheeler Wrecks
Truck drivers have a hard job in that they need to work long periods of time, sometimes with tedious deliveries, and do so at a very high level of safety. Even minor mistakes can result in catastrophic injuries for individuals on or around the roads. Victims of trucking accidents can suffer permanent and disabling injuries, or even fatal injuries, in horrific 18 wheeler wrecks. Some of the most common causes of truck driver errors causing 18 wheeler wrecks include the following:
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving, including cocaine use to stay awake to drive longer
- Fatigued driving or falling asleep at the wheel
- Prescription drug use
- Distracted driving, including use of GPS, handheld radio, or eating
- Speeding and driving too fast, especially to make a delivery faster to get paid faster
- Following too closely, increasing the risk of rear ending another vehicle
- Improper and dangerous left turns
- Taking a curve too fast
- Unsafe backing, including backing too fast, aggressively, or improperly
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Failing to check cargo as required by regulations
- Mechanical defects, including failing to check for mechanical defects
- Crossing the centerline or unsafe passing
- Failing to yield or failing to yield at a yield sign
- Running a red light to stop sign
- Unsafe operation through a traffic circle
- Unsafe lane change or merger, and
- Other common truck driver errors causing 18 wheeler wrecks in New Mexico that may result in liability against a defendant.
Were You Injured in a New Mexico 18 Wheeler Wreck? Call Our Law Firm for Help
If you or a loved one were seriously injured by one of the common truck driver errors causing a tractor trailer accident in New Mexico, learn how our experienced trucking accident lawyer at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. can help you and your family recover the compensation that you deserve. We have helped thousands of people composed of personal injury accident victims, and also their family members and dependents who are also caused to suffer damages in a motor vehicle accident.
Learn how our experienced team help can help you by dialing (505) 384-7865 to schedule your FREE consultation. We handle causes throughout New Mexico, including Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Roswell, Cuervo, Rio Rancho, Clovis, Farmington, Hobbs, Albuquerque where our office is located, and anywhere else throughout New Mexico. Please call to schedule for FREE appointment by dialing (505) 384-7865 or contact us through our website’s easy to use and convenient contact box available here.