Understanding the Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Wrecks in NM: How Our Albuquerque Trucking Accident Lawyer Can Help
Most people are aware that colliding with a tractor trailer can lead to catastrophic injuries. Tractor trailer accidents can be particularly deadly or damaging because of their size, weight, and force of the tractor trailer itself. While people may know that tractor trailers can lead to serious injuries, people may not understand why tractor trailer accidents happen. There are a variety of common causes of 18 wheeler wrecks in NM, with many of them being avoidable. When a tractor trailer accident occurs leaving innocent people injured and the accident could have been avoided, victims may be eligible for compensation for their injuries.
Here at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., our Albuquerque trucking accident lawyer has over 35 years of experience handling all types of serious and catastrophic trucking wrecks throughout New Mexico. We have a proven track record of success against some of the largest trucking companies and insurance carriers in New Mexico, if not the United States. If you have been seriously injured in an 18 wheeler wreck, learn how we can help you during a FREE consultation.
Causes of Tractor Trailer Accidents
There are numerous causes of tractor trailer accidents. Common causes of tractor trailer accidents which could potentially be avoided include the following:
- Fatigued driving – Fatigued driving is incredibly dangerous and completely avoidable. Commercial truck drivers are required to adhere to hours of service regulations issued by the FMCSA. Additionally, commercial truck drivers (like any other driver) are not supposed to operate their tractor trailer while fatigued. When they choose to do so and it results in an accident, they often can be held liable for the accident.
- Distracted driving – This is another completely preventable cause of tractor trailer accidents. When truck drivers get behind the wheel of their tractor trailers, they have a duty to place all of their focus on the road ahead. When drivers choose to engage in other activities (i.e. playing with the radio, texting, reading a map, or eating, it can lead to an accident which could have been prevented.
- Failure to appropriately maintain the tractor trailer – Failure to adhere to maintenance recommendations and failure to inspect the truck per FMCSA guidelines can lead to preventable accidents causing catastrophic injuries.
- Poor weather conditions – Failure to safely drive in the setting of inclement weather such as a dust storm can lead to serious accidents and injuries. Drivers have a responsibility to operate their vehicles safely, either pulling to the side of the road if driving is unsafe, or operating their vehicle at a slower speed with greater distance between themselves and other vehicles in order to avoid an accident.
- Errors in Manufacturing – Manufacturing errors are not the fault of the truck driver if a faulty part fails, leading to an accident. However, the manufacturer may be held responsible for an accident that occurs due to a manufacturing error.
Injuries Due to Trucking Accidents
Sadly, people are often injured or even killed when involved in a tractor trailer accident. Common injuries sustained include the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back or neck injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of limb
- Internal injuries
- Broken bones or fractures
- Vision loss
- Brain injuries (i.e. traumatic brain injury or concussion)
- Emotional trauma
- Wrongful death
These are just a few of some of the many injuries that may be sustained as a result of a trucking accident. If you or your loved one suffered injuries due to a trucking accident, it is advisable that you contact an experienced trucking attorney who can review your case to determine if the accident was preventable. This is because if the accident was preventable you may be eligible for compensation to cover the costs associated with your injuries.
We Can Help Recover Compensation After the Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Wrecks in NM Harm You
Our semi tractor trailer accident lawyers at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. can help victims and their families recover compensation after one of the common causes of 18 wheeler wrecks in NM results in serious personal injuries. We offer FREE case evaluations and have a no win, no fee guarantee. Learn how we can help you by calling (505) 384-7865 to schedule your FREE consultation.
We handle causes throughout New Mexico, including Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Roswell, Cuervo, Rio Rancho, Clovis, Farmington, Hobbs, Albuquerque where our office is located, and anywhere else throughout New Mexico. Please call to schedule for FREE appointment by dialing (505) 384-7865 or contact us through our website’s easy to use and convenient contact box available here.