Understanding Your Rights After Brain Injuries From Albuquerque Auto Accidents
There are many different types of serious personal injuries that could be caused by a serious auto accident. Some fo these personal injuries could be catastrophic and debilitating, including injuries that are permanent or even lead to a wrongful death. Auto accidents are common causes of serious personal injuries because of the sheer forces in an impact, especially in high speed collisions. One of the most severe types of personal injuries are brain injuries from Albuquerque auto accidents.
Here at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., we handle all types of catastrophic personal injuries including brain injuries from Albuquerque auto accidents. There are many different types of brain injuries, but victims and their families need to know that they may be entitled to compensation for their injuries including medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other expenses. Even if a brain injury is diagnosed as “mild,” any type of brain injury is significant and can result in future damage with future brain injuries. If you or a loved one suffered any type of head injury, ask us for help with a FREE consultation.
Common Causes of Head Injuries and Brain Injuries
There are many causes of head injuries and brain injuries, but high-speed collisions, trucking accidents, and other types of explosive collisions are more likely to cause personal injuries to innocent people. The most common causes in New Mexico include the following:
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Distracted driving
- Crossing the centerline
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Improper left turn, and
- Other types of negligence.
Types of Brain Injuries From Albuquerque Auto Accidents
There are many types of brain injuries. All brain injuries are serious. Even a mild brain injury is a very devastating type of injury. In fact, all brain injuries can be permanent—even if they do not look like they are immediately serious and damaging. Some of the most common brain injuries include the following:
- Concussions – even mild concussions are serious. The CDC explains that a concussion is an impact to the head that can be caused by an impact, jolt, or other hit to the head that shocks the brain which can cause physical damage and chemical changes affecting brain function.
- Coup-contrecoup – this is a whiplash injury to the brain in the front and the back of the brain due to a violent impact and the brain sliding inside with such force that the impacts with the inside of the skull cause injury.
- Brain bleeds – when there is damage to the brain that accuses it to bleed and results in increased pressure.
- Diffuse axonal brain injuries – when there is physical damage like shredding or ripping of the brain.
- Penetrating brain injuries – when debris from a collision causes injury to it, and
- Other types of serious brain injuries.
Ask Our Experienced Lawyers at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. For Help
If you or a loved one suffered serious personal injuries due to the negligence of another person, learn how we can help. This is particularly true if brain injuries from Albuquerque auto accidents impact a person permanently. Call us for a FREE consultation to learn how the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. can help you today.
We handle cases throughout New Mexico, including in Las Cruces, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, Roswell, Farmington, Hobbs, Lordsburg, or anywhere else in the state, including Albuquerque where our law office is located. Call the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. by dialing (505) 308-1556 to learn how we can help. You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.