Serious Albuquerque Car Accidents Can Easily Cause Amputations, Which Are Very Debilitating and Life-Changing Injuries
All motor vehicle accidents carry the potential to cause very serious injuries. Even low speed collisions can cause permanent injuries—an occupant not wearing his or her seatbelt can be launched through a windshield in a collision less than 10 MPH! High speed collisions, particularly those involving large commercial trucks, can cause catastrophic injuries. These injuries are commonly caused to extremities which get trapped in twisted wrecks of metal. Unfortunately, these types of injuries can do such significant damage to an extremity that it can result in the need to amputate the extremity.
If you or a loved one have been serious injured in an Albuquerque car accident requiring an amputation, contact our experienced Albuquerque car accident attorneys at the Mark Caruso We understand how devastating amputations can be for a victim and his or her family, and we know the incredible physical, emotional, and financial burden it can place on a victim and his or her family. We work hard to lift that burden off a victim’s shoulders and onto ours so the victim can focus on healing while we focus on zealously representing his or her interests. Call us today for a FREE consultation by dialing (505) 407-0458. We want to help you and we can protect your rights to compensation to ensure you obtain the maximum amount you may be entitled to under New Mexico Law.
Causes of Amputation Injuries in Albuquerque Car Accidents
While any type of car accident can cause significant injuries, the types of accidents most likely to cause significant and limb-threatening injuries include the following:
- Trucking accidents involving large commercial trucks like big rigs, 18-wheelers, tankers, flatbeds, semis tandem trailers, and related trucks;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- T-bone car accidents;
- Head on car accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Pedestrian collisions;
- Side-side car accidents;
- Rollover accidents;
- Tractor trailer jack-knife accidents; and
- Many other types of motor vehicle accidents.
Anytime any motor vehicle accident causes an injury resulting in an amputation, the victim may be entitled to compensation and should always consult with an experienced Albuquerque car accident attorney.
Types of Amputation Injuries Caused by Albuquerque Car Accidents
There are several different types of amputations which could completely change a victim’s life by causing a debilitating and permanent injuries as a result of a car accident. Some common types of amputation injuries include the following:
- Partial foot amputations (toes or half the foot);
- Ankle disarticulation amputations (foot at the ankle);
- Partial hand amputations (fingers, parts of fingers, of part of hand);
- Below the knee amputations (transtibial amputations);
- Above the knee amputations (transfemoral amptuations);
- Hips disarticulation amputations which are the removal of the leg up to the hip joint—essentially removing the entire leg;
- Removal of the entire hand;
- Wrist disarticulation amputations are the removal of the hand and wrist;
- Amputations below the elbow (transradial amputations);
- Elbow disarticulation amputations (removal of the forearm to the elbow);
- Above the elbow amputations (transhumeral amputations);
- Shoulder disarticulation amputations (removal of the entire arm);
- Hemipelvectomy amputations are the removal of part of the pelvis and the entire leg;
- Amputations of ears;
- Amputations of nose;
- Amputations of genitals; and
- Amputations of other body parts, including flesh, crushed bones, and other related injuries.
Contact Our Experienced Albuquerque Car Accident Attorneys if You Have Been Caused to Undergo an Amputation!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, call the experienced New Mexico car accident attorneys at the Mark Caruso today by dialing (505) 407-0458 You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.