Personal Injuries Caused by High Speed Trucking Wrecks in New Mexico
Of all motor vehicle crashes, there may be no worse type of impact than a high speed trucking crash. When large commercial vehicles such as big rigs, 18 wheelers, tractor trailers, and other trucks collide with other vehicles at a high rate of speed, the results are catastrophic. Commercial trucking wrecks involved twisted steel, mangled vehicles, and catastrophic injuries. Incidents can even be worse when there is an explosion or large fire due to the impact or cargo.
Here at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., our experienced catastrophic injury lawyers handle high speed trucking wrecks due to New Mexico trucking crashes against some of the largest trucking companies in the country, including J.B. Hunt, FedEx, Schneider National, and other large companies. Many of these high speed collisions occur on interstates, including I-10, I-25, and I-40. If you or a loved one have been serious injured or wrongfully killed in a New Mexico trucking wreck, call us today by dialing (505) 883-5000.
Common Causes of High Speed Trucking Wrecks in New Mexico
There are many causes of trucking crashes which can cause serious personal injuries. But high speed trucking wrecks are a different breed of trucking accidents and have some unique common causes. Some of the common causes of high speed trucking wrecks in New Mexico include the following:
- Distracted driving such as texting, making a phone call, using a GPS, or using another device;
- Falling asleep at the wheel (possible hours of service violations);
- Drunk driving or drugged driving by a truck driver;
- Aggressive driving;
- Mechanical failure such as a brake failure or blown tire;
- Intentionally speeding or driving too fast;
- Improperly merging;
- Unsafe lane changes;
- Failing to reduce speed due to weather conditions such as dust storms which limit visibility; and
- Many other causes.
Common Injuries Caused by New Mexico High Speed Trucking Wrecks
Given the sheer weight and speed of a large commercial truck in a high speed trucking crash, the injuries can be absolutely catastrophic to victims in smaller passenger vehicles. Some common injuries caused by high speed trucking crashes in New Mexico include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Broken bones and fractures;
- Organ injuries or organ ruptures;
- Large and significant lacerations;
- Brain damage;
- Significant burn injuries;
- Need for surgery;
- Dislocated joints;
- Loss of vision due to eye injuries;
- Property damage injuries;
- Wrongful death; and
- Other common causes.
Victims of High Speed Trucking Wrecks in New Mexico Should Call the Catastrophic Personal Injury Lawyers at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, call the experienced New Mexico car accident attorneys at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. today by dialing (505) 883-5000 You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.